Pages

Search blog and web

Has anyone had an extremely remorseful WS but still divorced

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this but here goes:

Many years ago i was engaged to my childhood sweet heart who lived right across the street from me we were so close and had what i thought a very special bound. Long story short she tells me she wants to have a little fun before she is ready to settle down.
we were in collage at the time she goes out with her friends one night and you guessed it cheated on me, of coarse the next day she begins to act very strange, Sad and upset. like she wanted to tell me something. but before she could get the courage up, a friend of mine spilled the beans, he saw her that night.

I ask her if it is true and she comes clean with all the details , along with a lot of crying and begging for forgiveness. For me our special bound was gone forever, i was kind to her but firm in my decision to break everything off with her. This seemed to devastate her but i did not have it in me to try and put things back together.

She tried to get me back for 6 years, she did not date during that time as far as i know, she even tried to get my family and friends to help her at least be friends. there was no way i was willing to have anything to do with her.

I got married to a wonderful and beautiful woman who was smart and knew what she wanted. the best part she was and still is totally devoted to me and me her.

right after i was married my x contacted my new wife and wished her all the happiness and said she would no longer try to contact me.

So many years gos by, I heard ( our family's are friends) she moved out of state married some guy, they had one son and he Cheated on her, it looks like she was like me in that she divorced him and moved back to my hometown.

The reason i am asking this question now is this : I ran into her in the hardware store recently, i did not recognize her at first. but she did me. well , we talked a little while just small talk and i could not help but since some sadness in her, I assumed that it might be because of the break up of her marriage. but as i said goodby and stared to walk away she handed me her card with her personal cell# written on the back. when i realized what it was , i handed it back to her and said no thank you and left. i looked back as i was walking away and i think i saw her with tears in her eyes.

I plan on never contacting her, but it has made me think that perhaps their is such a thing as true remorse. for me one of the reasons i would not forgive her was i thought and still do that it is not worth throwing good money after bad so to speak.


So, has anyone divorced a WS whom they felt was truly remorseful and why?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment