Pages

Search blog and web

Is the 'Bad Boy' thing really just a 'Bad Girl' thing?

I've never really believed all this stuff about women falling for a 'bad boy' type for the reasons people think. I also don't think 'nice guys' are getting a bad rap for the reasons typically spouted. Hear me out.

I think the reason some women might become attracted to a 'bad boy' is because they feel like they are 'bad girls' underneath the exterior. Their childhood brought about a lot of repressed feelings that being with such a guy could help them to finally express.

I think the 'nice guys' out there are actually seeking out these repressed 'bad girls' for similar repressed feelings and finding themselves rejected from the get go, leading to having a very unattractive bitterness that turns the 'nice girls' off.

I myself dated what some might think was a 'bad boy' for about 8mths in my teenage years, thinking he was my first love. I actually thought he was nice to begin with, then the real him started to show, I'm pretty sure I sabotaged that relationship, despite still liking him for the traits he first displayed to me. The next guy I ended up in a 5yr relationship with was a generally nice guy, just a bit boring intellectually, so it didn't last, which brings me to my next point.

Everyone is hung up on looks and fitness in regards to attraction, of guys 'manning up' when their wife's eyes start to wander. Maybe you should consider this from an intellectual viewpoint for a minute rather than a caveman viewpoint. Maybe some of the 'nice guys' are just intellectually boring. Their wives aren't wanting them to snub them emotionally and treat them like sex slaves, maybe these women are just finding their 'nice guys' conversation is boring as batsh1t. No stimulating discussions because they run for the hills or completely cower as soon as anything gets interesting.

DH nearly glows with pride when we're bantering and I get him with a quick comeback. He loves the challenge. I've asked him why and he says it displays strength, which I think could be interpreted to; he likes a woman who is intelligent and not afraid to show it. I feel the same way. I respect his intelligence. Despite him being pretty crap regarding helping with housework, I still love being with him. When he'd put on a bit of weight around the middle, I still loved being with him. Admittedly physical symptoms of an unhealthy body can be a turn off in the bedroom, but many people still stay with someone who isn't at their physical best all the time, why? Because it's more about what's between your ears people.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment