Pages

Search blog and web

Guy i'm newly seeing has depression and I'm so confused!

  • Thread Starter

Anonymous for privacy reasons

So, I've been seeing a guy at my uni for about a month now... The first night I met him he let on that he had some kind of past but I didn't ask him about it, but we were pretty much inseparable that night. Anyway, we have been on a couple of dinner dates, lunch dates, and going out for drinks etc. a couple times a week and we text everyday throughout the day (not 24/7) and he had always seemed like the perfect gentleman. But over the last week I noticed something off with him. He admitted to me that he is dealing with depression and going through a rough phase at the moment. I want to be there for him because I know what he's going through and I care a lot about him but other people in my life have advised me to stay away from him because they don't want him bringing me down.

It gets more complicated because we both study engineering with a year in industry which means that after summer i'm going to Germany and he will be going to France, but it's not like i'd be able to see him over summer that much because we've both already made plans. I do like him and i'd like to make it work but at the same time i'm trying to understand whether pursuing the relationship is worth the stress of not only a long distance relationship but with the depression involved and knowing that he's unwilling to take medication for it.

I feel like i'm in a difficult position because he obviously trusts me a lot to open up to me and tell me everything about his situation and I would feel so guilty abandoning him at this stage. The last couple of times I've seen him he hasn't been that affectionate physically either other than a hug goodbye (not even a kiss) so I got a sense that the relationship had changed slightly, and I don't even know what we are anymore. The worst part is I can't even talk to him about it right now because he has lots of late submissions to hand it and uni and I feel like me expressing my concern about where our relationship is going would only make matters worse... :s

Does anyone have any advice or have been in a similar situation?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment