Pages

Search blog and web

Wife wants to vacation by herself...

I was on the phone with my wife recently when she says, "I think I am going to see if I can stay with my aunt and uncle for a week, I need to lay on a beach and decompress"

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. The family cant take a vacation right now, we cant afford it so why does she get to?

She will tell you that she has been extremely stressed at work, which is accurate, and that she didn't think there would be any way we can afford to take a vacation, which is also true, and that this would be cheap and the only way she would get to go. I get that.

This may have been a little easier to take if she asked me if I thought we (the family) would be able to take a vacation this year, OR if she asked if the 2 of us could go, if she would have considered me. She didn't, she only said herself.

I am having a hard time with this, I would never ever even think about taking a vacation without her. I can't imagine anyone telling (not asking) their spouse that they are going to go away for a week by themselves.

The other thing is that money is tight, we need a lot of work done to our house, and have other expenses with more priority than a vacation.

The money part doesn't bother me so much as her not considering me. Again, I know she would say she didn't consider me or the kids because she didn't think it would be possible for even just the 2 of us, that her alone is the only possibility. Even if that were the case, I still can't wrap my head around her wanting to take a vacation by herself.

Am I wrong? Am I blowing this out of proportion? Why would a wife or husband want to go away by themselves, unless they wanted to get away from their family?

Very confused and quite honesty, a little hurt.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment