Pages

Search blog and web

Husband Left, Now He Wants to Come Home

Hi everyone. It's been a really rocky road for the last five months. After a lot of fighting, on 8/11/13, my husband left and took the kids to his parents' house. He then closed my credit cards and wiped out our savings. After I learned of this, I took drastic action. I cut my wrists. He claimed I was attempting suicide but I really wasn't. I required no stitches and I was conscious when he returned home. It was a cry for help on my part. When I was in a mental hospital for two days, he made me sign a consent order that removed my parental rights to our children. After I was cleared to leave the next day, I hired an attorney who successfully reversed the consent order. We're currently sharing custody. He now wants to come home. For the last four months, I have been focused on bettering myself. I went on an anti-depressant and see a therapist twice a week. I'm actually doing remarkably well. In many ways, I rebuilt myself from the inside out. I'm thriving personally and professionally. I always had issues with my in-laws, mainly dealing with lack of boundaries on their part. My husband was never able to make a break from his family. In many ways, he put his family's needs above the needs of his wife and children. I had access to his email and Verizon accounts so I read so many hurtful messages and emails between his mother and him. She was actually the person that got him the attorney and really guided him with regard to trying to remove my parental rights. Now he wants to come home and wants me to accept a new life where he and I are a family, but he is allowed to bring the kids to family parties and to his parents house without me. He left me when I needed him most. I pretty much learned how to live without him. My small children also learned and became somewhat comfortable with the shared custody. This past week we spent every day together with the kids, but many times I had to say good bye to them. They always became hyst erical and cried about having to leave me, but the consent order states I have them during the day and they sleep with him at his parents' house. I just don't know what to do. On the one hand, I still love him, but I also am incredibly hurt that he left me. I'm also concerned how reuniting will affect my recovery. Thanks for any input.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment