Pages

Search blog and web

Learning to Hold My Own

an update...

I've told my husband that I will stay in the bed with him as long as he wears his mouthguard...it works and prevents him from snoring (too loud...sometimes he does snore with it but not nearly as bad)

Well last nite he had it in....and still snored (a little) but I stayed in the bed...

then our son got up and ran into our room crying and my H put him back to bed....next thing I knew I was woken up by EXTREMELY LOUD SNORING....and I saw his mouthguard on the nightstand...it was 3:30 am...

I told him that I couldn't take the snoring anymore and was heading downstairs.

When I got up, he confronted me asking me: Why I left...

I told him the truth...and that I saw he had taken out his guard at 3:30...

He said he was "talking to our son" and didn't want to put it back in....

And he said our son came in close to 20 times last nite...each time he had put him back (I only heard one time, so the other times must have been when I left)...

I told him if he had put the guard back in...I would have stayed...

and didn't say anything more.

But I didn't apologize!!! I shouldn't apologize for needing more sleep especially when he's not doing his part!

He "tried" to pick a fight later, asking why I needed to use the phone so early in the morning (I told him I was inquiring at our gym's daycare to see if it was open)...he said in a nasty tone..."Can't you see the schools are closed? (snowstorm)...if that's the case you didn't NEED to call."

I looked at him, said, "Just checking"...and walked away.

later that morning while my son was still sleeping, he was in the same room as me (kitchen)....and I was engrossed with my work...he was looking at his computer and not talking to me..

the "old" me would try to smooth things over...

but the NEW me realizes that I had nothing to apologize for...
and I was almost DARING him to bring the subject up again...I was okay for once with tension!! That's a big step.

And...he said good bye and that he loved me as if nothign was wrong.

I'm going to keep this up....and practice it....it seems to work with a bully!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment