Pages

Search blog and web

Failed rebound, tough love needed!

Hey

I came out of a relationship of 3.5 years in December, and almost immediately just met this guy who I thought was awesome. We spoke everyday for a couple of weeks and said we liked each other. He said he had no NYE plans and didn't really know anyone, so I made the stupid mistake of inviting him around the stay the night before and then come along to a party with all my friends there. He came round, everything was going around, things moved pretty fast physically though we didn't have sex (but it almost happened). We got to the party, and everything started out fine, everyone liked him. We had both said we were going there as each other's date. We kissed at midnight and throughout the evening, but then he got really drunk and just starting hitting on everyone and then ended up kissing someone else. I got upset because 1) that had happened, 2) I'd told my friends I liked this guy and everyone saw so I was humiliated, 3) I was trying to be nice to bring him there and make some new friends and 4) I now had to take care of a drunk person and get him home to mine.

We walked home, mostly in silence. We got back and he just sat in my bathroom on the phone to someone for an hour and then abruptly got his stuff to leave - if I hadn't had stopped him then he would have just gone. He suddenly became really cold and said he didn't remember anything of the last 5 hours and was confused as to why I was upset. I told him we could go through what happened in the evening but he said he had to go home and walk dogs or something. We had a really awkward hug before he left and he said we could hang out as friends. But the next morning he had blocked me on Facebook and wouldn't reply to my text to ask what was going on. So after that, I just sent another one wishing him a good year.

I feel like absolute crap, I just got attached too quickly and just the level of disrespect. I really liked him. How do I just get past this? :( I'm trying to not lose my faith in people just being kind, my ex cheated on me and left me with no answers, and now this. I don't know what to do, I feel so humiliated and so stupid :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment