Pages

Search blog and web

My deep-seated issues with gender, and life (in general) help?

Hello,

I am a 23 year old undergraduate student, and I guess this thread is more an expressive format, then that of a precise question. Although it does relate to women/and relationships generically, but it certainly interacts with other areas of my life, such as depression, anxiety and generic mental health issues, as well as interpersonal problems. It isn't exclusive but part of a wider array of problems I experience.

Basically, this thread is not exclusively about one thing, but many factors, more focused on my troubles with women, and my deep seated anger and I guess, psychological issues.

As of present, I am with my girlfriend of 16 months, and we have had a lot of problems, we argue fairly regularly, not weekly, but often. We are complete opposites (family values, politics, and of course issues with sexual things).

There have been many issues with us to include, the fact she has a dark past, she recently told me about, of which has caused me to literally go on a downward spiral.
Both in terms of academical achievement and 'in-life', I drink a lot of alcohol and my anxiety and general outlook on life has worsened. I have a colorful history of depression and anxiety, and my GP knows of me, but I don't feel he understands. I am at my wits end. Although perhaps this is the alcohol talking.

This "dark past", is not unforgivable, but it is not perhaps 'acceptable'. I am empathetic to a point and I love her. But that is it.

The primary reason of posting, was because I feel inadequate, in the sense of attracting woman, but in the sense I am worth anything. I could post everything about me on here. But I would be here all day. I am very reserved, and thoughtful as a person, as well as modest. I excel in academics, in the sense I tend to achieve high 60's which I guess as a benchmark is average.

I recently viewed a post on facebook of a friend of mine. In which he more of less implied that, his girlfriend cheated on him. That he couldn't forgive her. Although she is a very innocent person by face value, and seems very kind of 'what-you-see-is-what-you-get' he did imply she had gone behind his back in some sense. I am very disappointed.

Now, this has shocked me, and in my kind of pessimism, I have kind of become very cynical of people (not that I ain't usually depressive and low), but I just feel that this bloke in question that was cheated on was a nice guy. Very much like me in nature, a nice, thoughtful and intellectual sort of guy, with his fair share of problems with psychological issues.

....and...she essentially cheats on him and additionally more of less leaves him for some bloke who is more 'rugby player like', more sporty, more masculine and more rough around the edges. Leaving this bloke, my friend, high and dry and without his girlfriend. He is left wondering what the hell happened. I don't blame him at all.

He was a nice, sensitive, quiet and thoughtful man. He was autistic (besides the point really), but he has his fair share of issues. She more or less ditched him for someone better, conforming to evolutionary factors I suppose.

I mean, I guess I just cannot accept the fact that nice blokes tend to finish last. As the old adage goes. I just think that it is just so unfair, that he loses out to some so called macho 'alpha-man', that people seem to brag of these days. This kind of guy that woman tend to fall for, but end up broken hearted.

I guess, I am pretty intoxicated right now, and none of what I write is particularly coherent. This isn't how I wanted to write this out and all, and I usually am very kind of literate.

I am just annoyed that woman in general tend to go for blokes that are outgoing, cocky, and generally 'showy' in demeanor. I know so many innocent sweet girls that are attracted to complete 'waste of spaces'. It annoys me so much.

I guess I am wallowing in this kind of 'woe-is-me' state, anyone got any advice for me, in terms of, how I can take a more positive outlook? I think I probably need therapy of some sort, this has gone on for long enough, I feel like I go round in circles my whole life and that if I go to doctors he doesn't listen. People do not really understand the deep issues I have. I get so annoyed because I cannot express the way I want to in my mind.

I guess I just feel kind of like misogynistic about it all, because I just hate how woman want "..a man", and thus inadvertently brush aside men that are perfectly fine. Have a good heart, but simply are not "man enough". It annoys me so much that I cannot express it on here without being pretty vulgar.

My girlfriend, is very much kind of 'be a man about it' toward me and it makes me pretty bitter and resentful, as I am sure this fuels my hatred for women. I just feel like because I have lived with low self-esteem all my life etc, that it has kind of affected me a lot (psychologically and academically) Any advice on what I should do?

n.b. I am not having a pop at women and genders. This isn't about me spreading hatred but asking for help. Though I expect spitefulness as a given. There again, why should I expect some profound improvement in myself from a post on the internet.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment