Pages

Search blog and web

Complete overhaul of one's life.

Pre divorce I trudged through my days, unhappy with just about everything. I didn't know how unhappy, just thought this was what it was like being married, raising kids and working. I made a promise and planned on sticking with it. It will get better some day.

After the bomb of divorce dropped on me it forced me out of my (miserable) comfort zone. (Funny how we choose to stay in a comfort zone even though we are miserable)

I chose my own new home and everything I put in it. I chose how to raise my kids and how to interact with them. I chose who I wanted to date and the time spent with them and how I wanted relationship to proceed. I chose what friends were quality and supportive and which were not.

I suddenly was allowed to make my own choices and decisions and I absolutely love most of them. My life has improved 10 fold.

Since all these changes occurred and most were for the better I am now looking at my job and thinking how I never really liked it. How it pays well and pumping money into the household was about my only purpose. I don't think that anymore, I live on a fraction of what ex spent. I have my recurring bills down to just utilities.

Anyone ever jump into a different profession, not because of money but because they realize how miserable they are and have seen the improvement post divorce and that change can be good?

Anyone ever been inspired to take the risks they never would pre divorce? A move to a different part of country? New job? Crazy hobby, interest or activity that your old life wouldn't have supported?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment