Pages

Search blog and web

Do you use pet names with your SO?

I'm dating a girl who early on in our relationship started using my full given name (William) instead of Bill like everyone else. At the time I thought it was different and sort of cute, but didn't think much of it. I asked her at the time why she used it and she said that in her previous marriage, she and her husband had pet names for each other that nobody else used and thought it was more intimate that way. Her name is Nancy and I just use that or Nance, as her whole family calls her Nan. The problem for me is that things have become a little more serious and as time goes on, I'm not sure I want her to use my full name. It just feels too formal to me and not intimate at all. She also uses it a lot in conversation and when asking me to do things and it can sometimes sound a little bossy and even condesending to other people, my family included. She's been using it so long now, I'm not sure if she can even stop at this point, or what else she'd use. I like the idea of unique pet names for each other and I'd like to have something different for her as well, but don't know how to even approach that. I know it's a small thing, but it's starting to bother me.

How many of you out there have pet names in your relationships or even care?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment