Pages

Search blog and web

Why would people behave this way? What is the point of it?

Background

I filed for divorce after 22 months of marriage. It has been a very tempestuous marriage laced with brief moments of calm and clarity.

Alas, I decided that I will have to be prepared to be Mr. Bad Guy and file for divorce, even though stbx had spent the first 18months of our marriage (even while on honeymoon) threatening divorce. When I eventually got fed up and told her to go ahead this April - she simply told me to go and file if I want to.

Fast forward to July 31 and I decided that enough was enough, I was not going to dance the divorce waltz anymore.

Since then, I have felt sad about what I am doing but convinced it is the right thing. We are still living in the same house until she returns to the USA at the end of this month.


Here are the issues that I just don't understand:


Before filing, I told her that I would be putting in the papers the following week. I had all kinds of emotions and questions going through my head at this time but I told her what I would be doing and when. Her response was, "What are you waiting for? Why not do it tomorrow?" So, I did!

After filing, she then turns on me saying this was not what she wanted and I am effectively divorcing her. I kind'a guessed this would happen even though we mutually agreed to part ways. This hurts somewhat but I fully expected it

She then suddenly told me last week that she would be travelling to Italy after taking my 3 kids (her step kids) away for the night. I had no idea how long she was going for. I was cool with these. She arrived from Italy last night and we barely said a word.

The last few weeks has seen me start going to the gym more and enjoying my training sessions. I used to go 2-3 times a week, now I do 5 minimum! These have been very good for me during this crazy time. While she was in Italy, I bought a tub of Protein and Creatin Powder for faster recovery etc.

I was sitting in the living room when she took time out from packing her things (for which I have offered to help in anyway I can) and went into the kitchen. She then comes to me in the living room and says:

"Not that this is any of my business. I see you got some protein powder. I assume you're bulking up for your next catch. I think you look better lighter".

I couldn't believe this. I felt like she was hammering nails into my head. Heck, this is a yet married woman, who has just returned from about 4 days alone in Italy. I do not question her fidelity at all but to have these sort of snide and loaded remarks fired at me is just torture. Why would she do this?

I fully expect more of it. One of the things that I HATE the most about our marriage (and I have discussed this ad-infinitum) are the sniping snide remarks. This is just painful.

Can anyone please help me know how to deal with these?. I imagine it will only get worse. We will remain under the same roof for another 2 weeks roughly but I have promised myself that I will not allow myself to get angry, resentful or engage in an argument. This is just painful.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment