Pages

Search blog and web

Stuck and don't know how to proceed. . .

Going to do my best to sum up this somewhat long story. . .

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years now. We have lived together for just over a year and have had some rocky patches here and there.

About a month and a half ago, we were in a very difficult place, but managed to pull out of it and seemed to be better because of it. However, now, it seems like he doesn't appreciate me and has seemed to lose his desire to meet in the middle. It didn't seem this way at first, but this past week, it definitely does.

I am usually the one that cooks, does most of the cleaning, does all of the grocery shopping, washes the towels and sheets, among many, many other things. We got into a fight today about cleaning the house. He was gone all week on a business trip - I had joined him for 4 days to help him teach a class (HE was getting paid, I was not because it was his job, I just went to be helpful). While we were there we got into a fight because I felt like he was taking me for granted, nit picking, when I was there for FREE giving up my time to help him.

So, that has still been in the air - at least for me. This morning, he asked me to make something for breakfast - which I was happy to do, I had planned on doing that, had gotten stuff last night to wake up and make something home cooked for us since we'd been traveling. However, in the process of getting up to do that, he tacks on . . . maybe we could clean the house today, too. Which in his language means - there are things I want you to clean - usually meaning laundry or my "side" of the room. I said, maybe we could work on it tomorrow and just spend today relaxing since we JUST got home from a stressful trip.

I then voiced my frustration with feeling like I wake up (earlier than I wanted to as well) and before we can even get out of bed, he's making a list of things he wants me to do - after already helping him all week. . . he got mad that I said that and began to leave (another problem I keep trying to address with him. Almost every time he gets upset, he leaves and will refuse to speak to me until he is ready to talk - almost every single time).

To cut to the chase - when he came back, he had the attitude of: you do whatever chores you want around the house and I will do whatever chores I want around the house and we'll just see how long it takes us to break up. ?!?!?!?!?!

Hence, my frustration. I asked him if we could go to counseling and he refuses. I suggested we try to compromise - he only will do it his way. I think he has a control issue and I really want to seek counseling. Any ideas/tips/suggestions on how to convince him to try it? Any comments on the situation are welcomed too.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment