Pages

Search blog and web

Vasectomy? or not?

Since before we got married my wife an I talked about having kids and we both decided that we didn't want children. We were 23 and now four years later we are 27. Since we got married I have not changed my mind. To the contrary I am now more sure that I don't want kids.

I don't feel my wife and I can be a unified front with the kids. She thinks I am even too strict with the dogs. I also see how she is with her nephews. I don't doubt that she is very loving. But when we have taken care of our nephews for the day, the feeding, the changing, the taking care of the kids I had to do. when she got tired she decides she wants to take a nap and goes to bed. If this is how she is with our nephews, this leads me to think that this would it would be like with our kids.

Right now she doesn't like to cook, complains a lot about cleaning, about going grocery shopping, etc. etc. If she dislikes doing all these things now and often decides she doesn't want to do these for days. I am afraid this will all fall more on me.

Not to mention all the normal difficulties of being parents. Money, raising the child, teenage years, college, etc. etc.

I don't want kids. So that is the background of my story and my point of view. Now for my question to you all?

My wife doesn't like her birth control. she has tried a few types. Right now she has the implant on her arm. But she is having difficulty with it. So she told me the other day that I should be the one to deal with the Birth Control. We had talked about a vasectomy before so I asked if she would ever want to have children.

She responded that she wasn't going to have any children if I didn't want to. So I should have a vasectomy because she knows that I don't want kids. But the way she said it and the tone she used made me feel she resented me already.

I have asked her to give me an honest answer if she wants children in the future. And her answer is no. That sometimes she does have the "baby bug" but when she really thinks about it, she doesn't see us with children. Her actions and tone make me think she feels differently though.

I kinda feel bad that I don't want to have children. But, I would feel A LOT WORSE, having children and not give them the life they deserve and having to suffer with all the above situation.

Maybe I am overthinking this, but that is how I feel.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment