Pages

Search blog and web

How do you help a friend after she's been in an abusive relationship?

About a year ago she broke up with this guy who'd sexually, emotionally & physically abuse her, and intimidate her. She has never told anyone else except me, I've only met her half a year ago and she told me this last month.

I try to help as much as I can but I've never been in one so I can't understand what she's going through 100%. All I've done to this point is listen whilst trying to boost her confidence and I feel I've done this well as she told me that she felt I've helped her a lot.

However, about a week ago, she told me that she still has feelings for him and at this point I'm lost. I really don't know what is going through her head right now, all I can think of is Stockholm syndrome but that just doesn't sound right.

Can someone who has been in an abusive relationship or has helped deal with a friend who has been in one offer advice on how they dealt with it? Is it possible for me to help her get closure?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment