Pages

Search blog and web

should I be worried about marriage counseling?

My 18yr marriage is in trouble. I refuse to give up. I feel I have everything a married woman would want in a husband. She's just not interested in anything I have to offer (besides my fathering skills and my paycheck).

I have been told many many times by various people, friends, church leaders, popular book authors etc. that traditional marriage counseling is very risky... that it often ends up with a divorce because it wants to bring couples back to unhappy & dark times in the marriage.. .that somehow this is needed to make a happy marriage.
My wife already has a personal problem with un-forgiveness and holding grudges. If her mind were brought back to dark times... I don't think she could recover. She'd be infactuated on dwelling in the past.
I want help for her but I'm scared traditional marriage counseling will cause a divorce. I know marriage counselors need to make a living... but not at the expense of my marriage. Is there a different type of marriage counseling?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment