Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend wants to take time to think about us

My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 months and right now, we are going through a very rough patch. While we both have good sexual chemistry together, he feels that our relationship is lacking in other aspects. He feels that we might not be as into each other as he initially thought. When he was away for 2 weeks, he felt like it is an indicator that what he thought was right because we didn't seem to have any trouble not speaking to each other much during the 2 weeks. Not true on my end as even if I do struggle not speaking to him, I am just the type who would keep it to myself and choose not to annoy him on his trip with it. And I'm not the type who gets extremely attached to the point that I have to talk to my boyfriend every single day for hours, I've been like that and I don't think it's fair to say that I'm not into him because of that.

He is also questioning if we even have a future with this and whether we are actually going anywhere. We live 20 hours plane ride away from each other and travelling to see each other is beyond difficult. I really, really like him and as much as I wish to be with him long term and have something more than just an online relationship, I have yet to enter university and considering my mother is extremely sick, I'm not even going to think about moving to another country just yet.

There are so many barriers on my end to make this relationship work in the long term, I'm willing to work through it but I know it will take a long time before this relationship can really reach a fruitful and good ending. While I'm not in a hurry because I'm still young, he is at an age where I can understand his urgency to look for more serious elements in relationships and settle down. I want to see a good ending to this, I can see myself being with him in the long term if I can overcome the issues with my family and finishing university and moving to another country etc but again, it will take time.

I love him and I don't want to let him go but it just seems right that he should feel doubtful about this. He has made the decision to take time to re-evaluate the relationship and think about where he is before he continues to waste any of our time. Since he told me that, I've been struggling to deal with this. I miss him so much and I want to tell him how hard it has been for me to deal with this. Question is, should I completely stay away from him and not correspond with him at all until he has made up his mind or can I still talk to him and tell him how I've been having sleepless nights just thinking of this?

This is my first relationship and I don't know if 'taking time to think' means cutting off contact completely. Is it okay to ask how he's doing sometimes? Not talking to him at all seems to be taking a toll on me. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice, I really appreciate it.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment