Pages

Search blog and web

I find British guys unattractive

And I'm British myself and have been so all my life. I don't mean to generalise or insult people, but I've noticed that (as a general rule, probably due to culture) British guys (and girls, too) of around uni age often tend to be a bit less grown up then people from other cultures at university. I personally find lots of their common traits very unattractive, though I'm not saying that they're necessarily a bad thing, I just don't like them in a potential partner.

Of course, there are guys (and girls!) who drink too much, don't know what they want to do for a career, and see ranking up notches on their bedpost as some kind of achievement in any culture, but I've noticed it's especially prevalent over here as a lot of people here don't have to work, save up or really do much "growing up" before they get to university. Even my "geekiest" and "nerdiest", most "un-laddish" friends who get top grades still spend hours on pointless hobbies instead of improving themselves and think getting so drunk you are sick is a brilliant idea.

I have lots of American guy friends at university there as my mum is American, and they've often had to work a lot before going to uni there as they have no general student loan system and funding is often scarce. They generally seem a lot more mature, grounded and family-minded, though you still get the "party animals" ofc. TBH I could see myself marrying an American guy, generally speaking many of them seem to have their priorities straight.

I've also noticed British guys (even the usually outgoing sporty types) are often shyer, less forward and less into asking a girl out compared to guys from other cultures. In fact, I've had far more attention from my foreign friends than I do British guys (around a third of them have expressed interest) and I don't even have that many foreign friends apart from American ones. I like it when a guy is masculine and takes the initiative, so this really puts me off. In cases where a British guy has really chased me all he has obviously wanted was sex. I find those PUA types who profess to be "good with women" disgusting and lacking in life ambition, so obviously I said no to that.

Of course not all British guys (or guys from any culture) are the same, but I've noticed these things are much more common in guys over here. They just don't seem as grown-up and principled as guys around the same age from other cultures, as a general rule. I'm a long-term relationship kind of girl but my lack of "experience" would be a turn off to a lot of British guys. So is this just true of British guys at uni who are still quite young, or is it a cultural thing? Because I know some guys a few years into their first job and a lot of them still behave like the above.

tl;dr - I just want someone around my age who shares my values: who's a proper man, who doesn't see sleeping around or drinking till you're sick as some kind of massive achievement, has decent morals, life ambition and knows what he wants to do for a career, and is hard-working enough to make it happen. Where do I find British guys like that?! Right now all the guys I know like that are American or European.


This is not an attack on British guys btw, you could say almost exactly the same thing about British girls generally.

Neg if you like, personally got my rep destroyed yesterday so makes no difference lol.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment