Pages

Search blog and web

Paralysed by fear + Mounting Pressure

I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. Due to cultural reasons, I have not been prepared to broach the subject with my family and they don't know that I am in a relationship. This has troubled my boyfriend and caused a lot of conflict between us.
I know that my family will not accept the fact that I'm in a relationship and I am very frightened to tell them. I feel scared that things between us will not work out and then I will have damaged relations with my family.
I'm also a bit of a coward and a people pleaser and I don't want to disappoint.

My boyfriend has been largely patient but recently he has laid out an ultimatum (though originally it was my idea to have a date to work towards) - a deadline of this summer of at least mentioning the idea of him to my family. I have felt very pressured in the past.I'm scared and I don't want to do it but I see where he is coming from.
Now he has started learning the language of my family, at first I just thought he wanted to learn the language but tonight he told me that it was so that he could make a good impression.

I can't deal with this, I made my excuses to end our conversation. It's too much pressure for me.
Can anybody offer advice?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment