Pages

Search blog and web

Are we in a relationship?

I met a guy on my university course and we slept together a few days later, simple as a one-off kind of thing, with neither of us having any intention of repeating it, or taking it further.

However, we got to know each other better, and became each other's best friend at university. I see him practically every day, sleep over at his about 2/3 times a week, and we sleep together most of the time when I stay over. We also just cuddle and hold hands a lot as well.

He emails and messages me multiple times every day, and he always invites me to do things with him, and sees me more than his other friends by a mile. He looks out for me a lot, always offering to help with my work, and with work experience and job applications. He's invited me to stay at his house before and meet his friends and parents, and even suggested I go on holiday with him. I've suffered a lot from depression and anxiety, and he's been brilliant with that too.

We hang out, go the cinema lot, just chill at his, and everything I'd normally do in a relationship.

This has been going on for 5 months now.

BUT
He says he doesn't want a relationship, at all. He's a few years older than me (24) and about to start a graduate job. But to me this is a relationship. I asked him if he had any feelings for me, but he wouldn't answer, saying it's not a black and white question. He's said I'm free to get with other people, which I haven't done because I'd feel bad about it, which is unusual for me, as I'm not exactly the relationship type. I've told him the same, though he said he wouldn't get with anyone when we're out on a night out together, as he thinks it would upset me, which he doesn't want to do.

I know he was fairly promiscuous in the past (he's slept with around 30 girls) but I don't think he's slept with anyone since we met, and I know he turned one girl he used to get with down.

TLDR - I've fallen for a guy who's my best friend, the situation is exactly like a relationship to me, but he doesn't want one. Help?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment