Pages

Search blog and web

My boyfriend doesn't like spending lots of time together

Hi

My boyfriend is five years old than me, and we've been together for over a year and a half. From the time that I met him, he's always been really busy and doesn't get home most nights until about 11 or later. For the first couple of months of our relationship, he used to want to see me all the time - he even pulled a sickie once just to spend a longer amount of time with me, and we used to talk a lot on the phone/Facebook. However, he seems to get less keen to spend time with me as time has gone on. I usually only see him once a week on our half days, even when my college is one train stop away from his flat and my house is only two stops away. When we try and spend more time together, like this week where I saw him for 21 hours because it's half term, he said things like 'I feel suffocated/I've had enough this week/Dear lord I've seen you so much/you limpet'. He then confuses me by saying 'but I enjoy spending time with you.' In this instance, for example, he said that he ha d 100 emails (not work related of course) unread because of the time we've spent together, yet he has gone to play pool four times this week and would rather complain at me for not being able to read his emails than be willing to cancel a game.

I really don't want to argue with him, and I don't want to monopolise his time, but even twice a week would be a big improvement. He just seems really unwilling unless I specifically ask for it because he wants an 'independent relationship' I'm off to university this year and would like to take advantage of the opportunities we have. For example, my workplace is literally on the doorstep of the train station, and in five minutes I'm at his flat, but if I ask to see him after work (12 o'clock on Saturdays), he says he feel suffocated, yet whenever he stops doing something, like a league in pool, he eliminates his free time by doing something else. I just want us to happy.

Would should I do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment