Pages

Search blog and web

Dealing with a "momma's boy"

My Husband and I are newlyweds (have been married a little over a year now and dated 3 years before we got married). His mom completely babied him and did everything for him while he was living at home...and still does to his 30 year old brother who lives at home! It's not the typical momma's boy complaint of her getting in the middle of our marriage or anything. It's just that he cant do anything for himself! I show him how to do something or tell him how to do something a hundred times and he still cant do it or messes it up! Whether its helping clean, fixing something, picking up after himself...the simplest things & bigger things as well. He needs step by step instructions to do anything & still doesnt do it or messes up...it's almost like he does things wrong so I'll stop asking him and do it myself...which is whats starting to happen. It's so frustrating cause I feel like im raising a child instead of being a wife. He still relies on his mom for a lot too, if I won't do something for him and he doesn't want to do it, he will call his mom. When we moved recently, he didn't want to go through his clothes and pack them...guess who I came home to be packing his stuff...his mom! Once we got moved and he couldn't find certain things that he didn't pack, who drove to our house to go through boxes for him...his mom! It doesn't seem like a big deal when I read over this....but it's so frustrating and exhausting to have to constantly tell someone what needs to be done or what he should be doing. And i've stopped telling him things or what needs to be done to see what happens....and NOTHING happens. He wants kids but I dont see how he could help raise a child being so helpless in his own life. I don't know what to do to make him start doing things for himself and learning how to do everyday things. Any tips :scratchhead::confused:




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment