Pages

Search blog and web

Husband won't work!!

I need some advice. I have been married for almost 5 years. I have a masters degree and work at a university. My husband was a teacher in his country. We decided to live in the USA because I would be unable to work in his country due to several issues. When my husband came here we realized he would have to start at ground zero. Employers would not consider his past work experience and the only positions he could get where manual labor. We decided it would be best for him to go to school and not work. Things where tough but we made it work.

My husband and I have had some medical issues and that has caused the bills to rack up. I am no longer able to become the sole bread winner. He agreed and decided to take the semester off to look for work. That was four months ago and he still is unemployed. He doesn't want to take manual labor jobs in part because of medical reasons and in part because I suspect he wants to hold out for a IT job. He has not graduated and doesn't even have his associates yet. I know that the chances of him getting employment in the field he wants are slim. Meanwhile he is not working or even trying to find a job. We are having extreme financial difficulties and are not eligible for any financial assistance.

When I confront my husband on these issues he either says he will work and nothing comes of it or that we will separate so that I can be financially secure. I love my husband, but we are at the point where my respect for him and desire to be with him is going away. I know some people will say I should cut him off or kick him out. I have been reluctant to take this path because he has no family or friends in this area. So kicking him out would literally mean he is on the street which I do not want to see. I am at witts end and everything I try does not work.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment