Pages

Search blog and web

Staying friends with an ex?

  • Thread Starter

Hi, so long story short, my ex-boyfriend and I enjoyed a year-long relationship. We still really love each other but basically had to break up because he has to finish his degree in Australia whereas I have to start mine in September, in England, and since he has about 3 years left, we couldn't envisage a point where we would be in the same place together for a long period of time. We tried long distance but it was lonely and miserable.

He left about 3 months ago, but we still skype all the time, because we're best friends and love talking to each other. However, I'm worried about what the future holds - both of us are inevitably going to start seeing other people at some point in the near future, and I know that one of us is probably going to feel really betrayed by the other if we find out. But I can't imagine cutting him out of my life.

In short, is it wise to stay in contact with an ex? I think the main problem is that we parted on such good terms, the relationship was pretty much perfect up until this point.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment