Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend criticising me constantly

  • Thread Starter

I've been in a relationship for 2 years and a bit; we've been best friends for about a year before that. It's been fun, passionate and magical until a few months ago, half a year maybe. He's started to lose interest in sex and now that's only happening very rarely. That used to bother me at first, but it's fine by me now, because I've lost interest too.
I am however frustrated that I'm not having as much of a good time as I was used to and as I feel I should, while putting a lot of time and effort into it.

What's worse is that lately my boyfriend has become extremely critical of everything I do. Little things like my chewing, my make-up, my writing and my email writing and honest mistakes like forgetting the light-switch are annoying him all the time. He's also annoyed by me insisting that we make holiday plans for the summer. He always has something bad to say about everything I do, to the extent that I am now afraid of telling him anything about my day because anything at all could spark up a fight with him. We have a major fight at least once a week, even if that may be the only time we see each other.

This has made me more reluctant to spend time with him and it's also what makes me not feel sexually attracted to him anymore. He always wants to spend time with me, but when we actually do he's actually not that nice. Unless I don't say anything and take extreme care not to bother him with many of many the things he is bothered by. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around him.

I know that we mean a lot to one another and we have a long history and I do love him, but I wish he stopped making me feel so bad about myself constantly. I also pretty much just want my relationship to feel good, as it did at first and I want to feel happy about spending time with him and have a good physical relationship with him. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong and how I can screw it up so badly, all while trying really hard not to do so.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment