Pages

Search blog and web

Does "High Quality" GF/Spouse Equate with Success

The "Has being ugly all my life helped me to appreciate my wife" and "Qualities women find unattractive" threads sparked some interesting discussions about the attributes that women find attractive in men. I may have skipped over a few posts, but in general, women focused on personality traits vs physical characteristics (i.e. women can put looks aside when judging attractiveness). I often wonder if the same is true of men. Do men ever put looks to the side and date a woman for her good personality.

Terms like "high quality mate", "out of my league", "hot", and "upgrade", are used regularly by men to denote dating success. The message appears to be that men only think they've succeeded in the "mating" game when they've found someone they deem as "better looking" or what they perceive to be equal to their physical qualities and/or worthy of their financial resources. In other words, I don't see a whole lot of men celebrating their "plain"er girlfriend as a success, even if she does have a "winning" personality.

Is this a fair interpretation or am I missing a huge chunk of information? Is this a product of the fact that men are visual creatures?

Not interested in starting a gender war with this thread but I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment