Pages

Search blog and web

Friend keeps bringing up my past

  • Thread Starter

First of all, I'm not a very assertive person but I've been trying my best to change that.

Basically my "friend" who is male will always randomly bring up stuff that would make anyone awkward or uncomfortable on nights out when I'm enjoying myself.

I don't really understand the purpose of it, other than to make me feel crap or to make him feel better about himself by bringing me down.

For example we were on our way home from a night out which was fun, and he decided to say "so what happened with your ex again?" When my ex is from well over a year ago now.. And what happened was really bad and he knew that (I was cheated on a lot) so I didn't really understand why he needed to bring that up?

He also randomly attacked me oneday by saying that I "take everything personally" and I think "everyone is against me"... When I hadn't said anything in the conversation which could've alluded to this.

I feel like it's very insensitive and I want to walk away or avoid even being around him. I don't do this to my friends and I don't see why anyone would. It just sounds odd to randomly be like "so remember that ex from years ago, what happened there?!"

I've moved on and I don't talk about my exes, so I don't see why he cares so much about my past.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment