Pages

Search blog and web

Custody and the child's well being

So my husband and I just split. He is looking for his own place but currently doesn't live somewhere that he can take our son. I know he will eventually have a place of his own and want to set up some sort of custody arrangement. I have been a stay at home mom since our son was born and he is now 2.5 years old.

My question is what kind of custody arrangements have you made with your young children, and how did it affect them?
I have read about the 2-2-3 schedule and stbxh has suggested a 3-4 schedule with alternating the 4. I am really trying to think of what is best for our son and don't want my current emotions to play a role in how we chose custody.

My parents were divorced before I was two and their arrangement was alternate weekends. While this is what I knew and was thinking it would be (just from my experiences), I want what is best for my son. I want him to have a healthy relationship with his father, but as you can imagine the stay at home mom in me doesn't want to not have him for days at a time.

Please tell me some of your positive and negative experiences with custody arrangements. And how they seemed to affect your children.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment