Pages

Search blog and web

Doubting long distance relationship- difficulty accepting dynamics

  • Thread Starter

Hello all,

I had been seeing a girl from my uni for about 2-3weeks before entering into a relationship with her about 5weeks ago. At the time, she was living here in student accommodation and so it was much easier to see her. We are both besotted with each other, would text often and communicate online. She would give me compliments and it would seem me and her were growing close. We had sex very often, and then came the time for her to leave for home (a very emotional time). I think we both kind of realised that it would be difficult to pursue this as a long distance thing, but we both were adamant on doing so.

She would tell me not to worry as she would communicate with me daily, as I would panic (due to insecurity and not wanting it to end). She went back home the day before yesterday and I am already feeling like it's hard. I text often, but resisting the urge to not be annoying or clingy is hard. I understand that she has just settled back in, but she doesn't text back as much. She says she has no signal, which I believe (lives in rural area). But when she does text they don't seem as in depth, whereas pre-move they were.

Now, I know she's busy, but I just fear that she will lose interest. The distance will kill it, or perhaps she may get fed up. My mind is going in overdrive, that I don't know how to handle it all. I am planning a few tepid to see her, but I still feel doubtful.

Additionally, my girlfriend does have a 'past', which doesn't bother me as much as the 'losing interest' thing (which is more likely), but I fear she will miss physical intimacy and seek it from someone else.

I'm not sure if I am right to fear break up or to just go with the flow? Isn't it inevitable that the distance will kill any potential we have built over a short space of time?

Me and her are close, we've both given each other gifts and notes etc, so although it's been a short time we are close.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment