Pages

Search blog and web

Asking husband out on a Father's day outing with family...

I am not sure where to post this, but I thought here among the men of TAM would be a good place to start. Our current situation is that my husband and I have been separated for a little over 18 months. During that time we have tried to peel back all of the layers of the problems that has led to our current situation. One of the things my husband has wanted is quality family time doing things outside of the house. I agreed that I would make some serious effort to change this.

Now here's the tricky part....some times husband is really into being a family with daughter and I. Other times he's distance and could care less (or so that's my perception at times.) And right now seems to be one of those times when I can't tell one way or another what he is thinking.

With Father's Day coming up, I want to try and accomplish two things. One, celebrate him on Father's Day for the wonderful father that he is to our daughter and two, celebrate it doing things my husband loves to do. So, how do I pull this off?

I tried to mention the ideas when we had lunch this past week. He was preoccupied with his work so he really didn't seem too interested in what I was saying.

I would much rather ask him in person, but I won't have any more face time with him for a few days unless he agrees and i see him on Father's Day. I will only have access to him via email and text between now and Father's Day. I need to do something quick as I don't have a lot of time left and I want to make sure there is time enough to be able to pull this off.

I am scared out of my mind in fear of rejection. I want to ask him in a way that he will say yes but at the same time I don't want to seem like I am begging or that I am needy.

Any advice here guys?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment