Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend and guy who likes me at uni got into a fight in the library...

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years. We both frequently revise together in the library as we're on the same course. There's another guy at uni who I now know likes me, as his friend implied it in conversation. The other guy is always nice to me, is always in my practical groups and texts me continuously. My boyfriend is a very kind and relaxed guy, and we spend a lot of time together mostly in the gym. He lifts weights so he's quite muscular but he's a really sensitive guy when it comes to me only. He has never had any problems with me having guy friends in the past. Over time I've told my boyfriend about the other guy, and have innocently and somewhat naively told him all of the moments in which the other guy has made me laugh etc. My boyfriend was pissed off when one of his friends told him he'd seen the other guy hug me outside of a lecture. He's my friend, so of course I'm not going to refuse a hug on the first day back but I understand how i t could be seen as odd by his friend. Again, I was naive to the other guy liking me until his friend suggested something after all of this happened.

This has all boiled up and increased in tension over time. Whenever he is around me my boyfriend doesn't say anything as I beg him to not be rude and to get to know him better. Again, he's a calm guy but can't stand the thought of the guy being so openly disrespectful toward him. Again, I was not aware of the nature of my friends feelings toward me and just saw him as a regular friendly person. My boyfriend never gets involved in my friendships and doesn't see me as his property in any way, shape or form. However, he has told me that he feels like my friend likes me. At the time I took this as jealousy on my boyfriends part and told him it wasn't like that at all.

Today whilst revising, the friend who likes me came into the library and saw us. He then sat down at our table. I could see irritation on my boyfriend's face and this made me nervous. He then suggested that my friend leave us alone. It was really harsh, so I told him to be "nice" and cuddled up to him in an attempt to make him feel comforted? I don't know, it felt like the right thing to do at the time. He stayed quiet and the other guy kept bringing up funny moments that happened in lectures etc (me and my boyfriend take different optional modules). "Hey, do you remember when...." etc. My boyfriend got increasingly irritated. He saw it as a dig at him, almost like "you're not always there with her I can do what I want" kind of thing. My boyfriend suddenly stood up and angrily said "get the **** away from her". He looked ready to fight him and I knew if he did, he'd get into trouble and cause some damage. Everybody around us went quiet and the guy didn't react. He had a weir d smirk on his face which really angered me so I told him angrily to "just go". I held my boyfriend's arm and told him to sit down and asked the other guy to leave again. He did and I asked my boyfriend if we could go as I felt uncomfortable. We left and I hugged/kissed him outside the library and told him I wasn't interested in the other guy at all. He said "that's not what this is about you're so ****ing naive" and he didn't talk all the way home.

He's now opened up and told me he's sorry for swearing and that he didn't like the digs the guy was making at him. The thing is, I really enjoyed the other guys friendship. I know how stupid that sounds after his smirking etc as he was being so disrespectful. I'm going to speak to him seriously tomorrow. I don't actually know what to do next as I don't know how my boyfriend will feel about that. I respect and love my boyfriend, so cutting my friend out is something I'd do. I just need to vent on here as I don't want any of my friends to know at present. I feel like this is my fault for being so naive but I wasn't exactly entertaining the other guy, I was just being a friend.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment