Pages

Search blog and web

Advice for a girl in a relationship with a bipolar guy?

I'm currently going out with someone who is bipolar, and he doesn't have treatment either, but his bipolar doesn't seem to be extreme. He has never verbally or physically abused me.

When he's going through one of his cycles of mania and depression, he doesn't see me, or talk to me. It's not that he ignores me when I contact him, he just doesn't try to contact me at all. I'm not quite sure that having BD is an excuse for that though. He said that he usually leaves it up to the other person to get in touch first. I'm not a natural 'chaser' either but I've been trying my best. I've suffered from depression in the past too and all I wanted was just someone to want to talk to me and reach out to me in those dark times to tell me that they're here for me. So I have been doing that; I've nearly always been the one who has to initiate contact. But I feel like he doesn't care about me as much as I do for him because he never reaches out to me. It's not just him who's in pain; I am too, because of all of this distance, but he doesn't check up on me.

I am planning to have a talk with him at some point about all of this. Would it be a good idea to ask him to drop me a text every few days, just so I know he hasn't forgotten about me...? And to let me know that he'll be OK again soon? I want him to tell me whenever he starts feeling off as soon as possible so that I have a heads up. I'm tired of him cancelling plans at the last minute because he hasn't been telling me that he hasn't been feeling well, even when he has known full well that he hasn't been OK for days.

I just really want it to work out but I just feel as though he's not making enough effort. Please can someone offer me some advice. I've been really upset about all of this... Can anyone share a story about their successful relationship with someone who is bipolar...? Help me, please :'(...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment