Pages

Search blog and web

Told my wife about going to counselor. Massive email blow up today.

I went to a marriage counselor last Friday to see about getting help for my self with our marriage being my wife and I have been on a down hill slide about things for awhile now and I want to fix it.
According to my wife so much of her/our problems start with me so I took the benefit of the doubt and went and checked out counseling. What I learned was that I am not the person with the primary problems. I have some issues to work on but nothing compared to what she has been showing. (See other threads of mine for details if you are curious.)

I watched her moods all week and thought that perhaps she had started coming out of her low funk on her own so I was going to cancel the appointment.

However last night we did our taxes and she had a fit that I got money back and she didn't and it made no sense to her whatsoever that because my last years income put me in the lower income range I got most of my taxes back. She however made nearly 3 times what I did which put her well within the tax range that doesn't get money back.

Today I got a weak apology email that pissed me off so I sent her one back saying I saw a counselor last week and that she would like to see her next then possibly the both of us together after that.

I admit the email notification was not the best way to do it but to be honest I am so sick and tired of getting my butt chewed whenever I do try and start a conversation with her about our problems this seemed more fitting. Not right but more fitting.

I want to communicate with my wife but I don't want to deal with the over bearing highly confrontational spoiled princess attitudes when I get when I do it in person.

At least she said she is going to see the counselor next week.

Any thoughts? :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment