Pages

Search blog and web

Being friends with an ex...

Hi everyone, last week my girlfriend decided to end our 3 month relationship. She had told me at the very start of it that she is scared of commitment and relationships (she has had a horrible past) but wanted to give it a go. I thought everything was going well between us but then one day she told me that she wants us to go back to being friends. I wasn't sure how to react to this - we sat down a couple of days later and we talked through it. We had a gap of about 4 days where we were together at uni and kept a distance from each other but it ended up hurting both of us. We spoke and she said that she has put away any romantic feelings she had for me and wants to continue a friendship. I have realised that we won't ever be together again and I have accepted it to some degree. What I don't get is that can this carry on? I mean is it possible for us to just be friends in the future? I know that maybe someone else will come into her life maybe in 3 months/6 months/1 year whatever but how would it work? We still hug each other every time we meet and sit together etc.. but I really don't know how close I should get to her. I know she trusts me because she has been very honest about her past life etc. so she will be comfortable around me. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment