Pages

Search blog and web

Same friendship group as ex, but I can't be his friend

My ex broke up with me as he no longer wanted a relationship and while I was initially devastated, after a couple of months I'd began to move on. I deleted and blocked contact with him everywhere I could (except blocking his number) in order to move on, and we agreed to speak again when I was ready (I was struggling to get over him otherwise). Recently I received angry, abusive messages from him telling me I was the worst mistake of his life and he wishes he ended things sooner, and that he never wanted to speak to me again. I'd already blocked him so I'm not sure why he thought I was going to or what sparked his sudden outburst. So I said okay and left it, the next day I woke up to more messages from him. I apologised (for nothing?) and said I didn't want to argue, hoping he would then be civil but his response was to say he wasn't arguing with me, he was just telling me what a vile person I am.

He's suddenly gone from saying he'd always love me and never wants to stop being friends to acting like that with no explanation? I can't have done anything because I wasn't even speaking to him before he messaged me. I've since found out how to block his number so there's no way I can get more messages, but we're in the same friendship group/group Facebook chats and it's just really tense because we won't be able to hang out as a group like before because I want nothing to do with him, and I don't really want to compromise on that after how he's treated me. I hate feeling responsible for breaking up our friendship group and also don't really want to turn our friends against him because of how he acted, but I really don't think I want to be around him anymore.

Should I just man up and try and forget what he said for the sake of our friends?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment