| I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months, and we never argue. But we have been through a couple of stages where things have felt different, for me anyway. We're apart all week whilst I'm in uni so I find it really hard and really miss him. I also feel like if we haven't had the best weekend or there's been a bit of strain it's made worse by being apart all week. Now, last night I was out with friends and one of my friends took my phone and phoned my boyfriend and started joking about how I was a lesbian with her. My boyfriend flipped and texted me saying my friend is a whore, and that if it's true we're over. I thought that was a bit of an over reaction since my friend was clearly joking and he said 'You don't joke about stuff like that, I've been cheated on before' and I was like but he knows I'm not gonna cheat on him. I then over reacted a little and said don't blame me for what your ex did to you, if you're gonna react like this to a joke then what's the point in us being together if I can't even go on a night out with friends without you acting like this. Five minutes earlier we were texting and it was absolutely fine but after my friend phoned him he just absolutely flipped at me. I ended up crying on the phone to him then, like an idiot. I phoned him when I got home and was alone and I can't even remember what I was saying but I know I was crying. Then today he's acting like everything is fine. I don't know if it is or not. He's saying 'it's ok you were drunk' and is really forgiving of me for saying 'what's the point in us being together'. I think he over reacted to what my friend said. Yes he is sensitive about cheating but he knows I am not going to, and my friend didn't know he'd been cheated on in the past. Plus don't a lot of girls make lesbian jokes? I definitely over reacted then by saying we shouldn't be together.. I have no idea why I said it. Sometimes I think I'm scared of him dumping me so I should do it, but there is no reason why he would dump me. We have been on the phone twice today.. and he seems fine now. He said I can listen to the voicemails my friend left him so I can see why he flipped but I don't know whether to or not? I am kind of mad at my friend for saying stuff to him on the phone but she didn't mean any harm.. he just took it the wrong way. Now I am being really paranoid and worried even though he seems fine. I just want to see him, to see that we really are okay. Because although I didn't do anything wrong I was being a bitch on the phone then back to him because of what he said. I guess when he said 'if it's true, we're done' that really hurt me so I wanted to hurt him just as much by saying it back to him. I feel truly terrible and like I've messed up and I would do anything to keep him because he is my life basically and can't believe I was so stupid as to say those things to him. | |||
| | |||
| | |||
|
Worrying about my relationship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment