Pages

Search blog and web

Spouse Advise Needed Talking about FEELINGS

I need advice. I try to talk to my wife every single day about our day and things like that. And every time we talk she somehow turns any conversation about her and her past, experiences, opinions, and feelings rather than discussing or just "talking" (if you can't empathize with this statement then you might not get my problem). Sometimes, when I want talk about my issues, she turns the attention back to her. It makes her come across as kinda self-absorbed - which I know she's not. Any time we talk she constantly uses the phrase "I feel" or "I had a revelation today about life (which she has often). I feel..." which at first doesn't seem like an issue, but it can wear someone down over time. I don't want to tell her that she should stop telling me how she's feeling because I do want to know what she's thinking and feeling-just not all the time. When I talk to her sometimes I want a conversation, not a therapy session. If I do tell her, I'm worried she m ight shut completely off and would never talk about how she feels. Well, that's all. Thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment