Pages

Search blog and web

Insight on a letter from courthouse

Insight on a letter from courthouse

Back when I was M to Window Cork, she used one of my credit cards to consolidate all of hers. She and I were paying it down when the CC company doubled the APR. This was when Obama passed a bill saying if customers were up to date on their payments the last six months, they have to revert the APR back to original. The company refused, even after I stated the Act passed.

I told them to KMA and I will see you in court. This was back in 2011. We / I did owe this company but were not going to accept a doubling of the APR when the law stated they were not in line to do so. I'm sure it has damaged my credit and I will deal with that at a later time. But I recently received this from the courthouse (I was never summoned to court to explain myself to a judge).
__________________________________________

xxxxxxxxxxxx Plaintiff Chuck71 Defendant

Order
It appearing to the Court that no action has been taken to set or otherwise prosecute this case and that plaintiff does not intend to proceed, it is, OREDERED that the case be DISMISSED without prejudice and costs taxed to plaintiff.
This 21 day of August 2015

Circuit Court Judge signature

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
The undersigned hereby certifies that a true and exact copy of the foregoing have been served upon all parties at last known addresses by deposit in the United States mail, postage prepaid.

NOTE: This order dismisses the case only because plaintiff is either unable to prosecute it or no longer desires to do so. If the dismissal is in error, please forward a proposed order within 30 days of the entry date along with an exploratory letter.
____________________________________________

If this is the case..... is it over? Or can they turn around and re-file in 45 days, 90 days, 3 years?

Thank you in advance for any help!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment