Pages

Search blog and web

Lost contact with a close friend

  • Thread Starter

Hello all, I hope you're doing well! A dilemma that I've came across is loss of contact with a friend whom I've shared a hobby with for around several years, ever since I started secondary school. Said friend was there almost every Saturday, and we became much better friends over time. Anyhow, in short, this friend was very academically ambitious but stumbled across some problems gaining a place at her chosen university, which we found out through her father.

The last time I saw her was in February this year, and haven't heard much about her since. Her dad visited once and told one of my friends that she was in quite a bad way over the stress of university and gaining a place where she wanted to go, and said she had been irritable, which is very unlike her; I've only ever seen her annoyed once. Anyhow, the same friend saw both of them about a month ago around a town nearby and said that she seemed happy and well, which was a relief.

I had hoped that, because she had been given an offer, and that A level results have been given, she would at least come back to say goodbye to everyone before both of us leave for uni. The thing is, time is running out and she still hasn't came back. I leave for uni in around a month and I'm assuming that she will be too. I really miss her company and would definitely like to stay in contact except neither of us has social media and I never asked for her phone number or email because you could almost always guarantee that she would turn up every week. I'm not able to ask the manager of the place because, for obvious reasons, contact details are confidential.

I'm at a bit of a loss as of what to do, as I have no means of making contact with her. At the very least it would be good to know if she is okay now. I understand that people move on and that she may not want to keep in contact, but I still believe it's worth a try! Sorry for the long post, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment