Pages

Search blog and web

Emotional affair? Need help

Hello everyone. I'm new here and really need some advice. I'll try to make this as short as possible.
My husband and I have been married 5 years and have three kids. Throughout this marriage I have found him occasionally communicating with his ex girlfriend from a long time ago. I discovered a couple years ago that he had saved a few of her old pictures to a file on his computer. The pics were old but he didn't save them until 2012.(I saw the dates on when they were saved). This was my first experience with him possibly still having something for his ex but I brushed it off. He said it was no big deal and he didn't know why he saved it. Last year I had our third child and almost died during the delivery from blood loss. My son also almost died and has ended up having lots of problems and we were in the nicu a good bit after he was born. During one of those hospital trips I stayed the night at the hospital and found out later that my husband had gotten drunk at the hotel that night and emailed his ex, just confiding in her and telling her about his mother who was recently dia gnosed with cancer and just venting everything wrong with his life to her. I found the email and when I questioned it he said he was just very drunk and wanted someone to talk to.
That was about 14 months ago. About 6 months ago I found my husband in his car at 1 AM talking to someone. He said it was his dad but I later discovered it was again his ex. She had called him drunk and confessed that she had never fully gotten over him and still loved him. During the time my husband confessed to her that he was basically only with me bc of the kids. He later said he didn't mean that and it wasn't true(that he was only with me for th kids). I told him to never talk to her again and made him block her on his phone.
Thought we were done with this. But last week I found on his snapchat that he has hidden her screenname under a guy friends name in hopes id never see it. They had talked through snapchat for 37 days straighten, every single day. He swears nothing love related or sexual ever came up but that she was just someone he was talking to about world evens and life in general. Just random stupid stuff basically. I texted the ex and she told me it was totally innocent as well and said it was just random things.
I've caught my husband too much with this. I'm tired of it. What am I supposed to do??? He says he doesn't even love her at all and doesn't know why he talks to her because he doesn't want to be with her. He said it kind of makes him feel good to talk to her knowin she has feelings for him still and would probably be with him if she had the chance. And he also said sometimes he still feels bad for her because he screwed her over so bad before me and him got together. Said he has a soft spot for her still but nothing more.
What is everyone's opinion? Emotional affair even though it's denied that anything like that was ever discussed? Advice please. :(((

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment