Pages

Search blog and web

Changing career just for money

  • Thread Starter

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this ,it would be nice to hear people's opinions ,views and get some advice.

The older I get the more I think about my future.When I chose to study my degree a few years ago ,I had the intention of going into a field that isn't perhaps the most well paid.I would be looking at a starting salary of 18k & the average is about 24k. However the older I get ,the worse standards of living get,the more I realise financially it will not be enough to give me the life I want if I pursue it.Lately I've been looking at other possible sectors that are better paid I could go into.
Having grown up in a council estate I know what it's like to struggle and not have what everybody has e.g a car at home and not being able to afford holidays abroad.These are things I would like to have myself when I'm older.
My parents both work & try their hardest sometimes they can work 7-8 days in a row with no days off.It hurts me that they work so damn hard to put food on the table ,make sure my siblings and I are clothed and we have what we want.I really would love to help them out one day so they don't have to work so hard for so little.I've always said I would never chase money but I don't want to end up in a council estate when I'm older.Life is really expensive especially here in London.
Would it be wrong to go into a different route/sector I had no intention of going into solely because of its financial gains?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment