Pages

Search blog and web

Awkward Situation At Uni

  • Thread Starter

I'm going back to uni soon (2nd year) and I'll be facing a very awkward situation.At the beginning of first year I was 'friends' with 4 girls.1 of them call her T was in my seminars +practicals group so we were in the same classes outside of lectures.So up until March we were alright ,we'd work as a pair and go to classes together,sit together at lunch.Around this time I had stopped talking to the other 3 girls,they were just plain mean ,rude ,immature and judgemental.E.g would make remarks about lecturers and other students ,making fun of a lecturer with a health condition ,literally talking about me when I could hear them & they made it so clear they were talking about me.I decided I had enough of them.They (all 4) would make plans without me ,go out and not invite me.For me that was a it,line drawn.finito!.Adios faux amigos.:o

Just before we broke up for Easter the group had gone from 4 to 2 .T stuck with S (one of the 4 girls) ,the other 2 girls went off both with different people .T had stopped turning up to seminars she would text me saying she was ill and asking for notes from seminars & practicals. I didn't reply to them ,I deleted them because I didn't feel inclined to.One day around May I walked past T and S and they had ignored me .Literally walked past me and pretended like they had never seen me before.You can imagine how I felt about T.

So the seminars & practical groups are the same this year as last year.Second year counts so I'm 100% sure T is going to turn up to seminars & practicals.I don't know what to do when we return because I didn't reply to her messages ,I deleted them & we haven't spoken in months.
A part of me feels sorry for her and maybe I should be nice and wipe the slate clean and forgive her because she got caught up and had high expectations of university and friendships which sadly came crumbling down.She would say she wants a strong friendship group & was glad all 5 of us were friends blah blah (this was around November).She chose to stick with a person who misses 50% of classes and is at university for the wrong reasons.S knows a lot of people ,very vocal ,swears a lot ,very outgoing,loves going out and drinking .A few of the people she knows are coming to our uni (shout out Facebook) this year ,one who is her 'best friend'.T signed for a flat with S and 3 of S's friends + S's boyfriend at the end of last year so I can imagine what that is going to be like.*waiting*.#

However another part of me wants to ignore her ,forget about her & get on with my life.Work with a different people in lab classes & avoid her as much as I can in seminars.

If it was you what would you do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment