Pages

Search blog and web

Molestation?

  • Thread Starter

Hey everyone,
recently I've received a lot of card warnings from the TSR community for misusing the anonymous function but though this is not about relationships, it is about a really sensitive topic that is very personal to me. I just wanted to be a warning out there that I'll be asking and speaking on the topic of sexual molestation.

After really understanding what sexual molestation is once growing up and knowing it's wrong, I realised I was failed as a kid because it was something I faced. I used to think as long as I wasn't raped, it was ok for that person to touch me etc and wanted to protect them. This happened years ago but I was sexually molested by my uncle, my mother's brother but I don't want to get into details about it. Let's just say I told my parents and my aunt who lived with us and nothing happened. My aunt was even there once when he touched me inappropriately. My mother never let me stay alone with him ever again and apparently he was warned by my grandmother that if he tried to do something, she would kill him.

I'd just like to get answers and help about this, the question I'd like to know is how does a parent deal with a situation where your child has told you your sibling i.e brother touched them inappropriately? I feel bad for my parents because they did not know what to do and I realised my mother was ignorant to how to handle the situation. It's touchy because when it's family, you want to protect them and avoid bringing shame to the family's name etc. But I want to be a parent one day and God forbid my baby faces something like that, but I'd like to know how to handle situations. I don't want to be ignorant like my mother, parents.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment