Pages

Search blog and web

Turn a person into a broken Vet

:mad:
I write at a PTSD board/board for spouses.

In the weeks before Christmas I noticed everybody was so negative saying how their guys cannot deal with Christmas. I was turned off by that. Hubby loves Christmas.

Looking forward for Christmas for weeks. Hubby works so much and has finally time off... and now he is jumpy and cranky and biting his lips and his hand and scratching himelfs. He even yelled at me which is so out of character. He never yells. NEVER.

At other Christmases he was just so relaxed and happy...
The longer my husband is with me the jumpier he gets. He used to be so relaxed.

I thought about writing about this at the board I talked about... BUT I think writing about it might make it worse... because the more time passes the jumpier he gets. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Do marriage boards, psych health boards, spouses boards and the like make things better or worse. What do you think?

To my mind it is bad to expect them to be unable to cope with Christmas because it will turn them into a broken Vet.

Actually Christmas is by no means difficult to cope with.

One of my news years resolutions is actually to spend less time complaining about my husband quirks and wondering "Why is he doing that?" and expecting the worst.

If he chooses to be quirky - his choice. Won't let it spoil my mood...

Does that make sense?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment