Pages

Search blog and web

Relationship Blues of Christmas

  • Thread Starter

This Christmas it has come to my attention of all the couples spending their 'first christmas' together after roughly 2 of being in a relationship. This means going either of their houses and spending Christmas Day together as a couple with one of their family's.

This Christmas was mine and my boyfriend's 5th Christmas together as we've been together for 4 years; so next year of having been together for 5 years it will be our 6th Christmas.

I've asked him whether he would like to come over to my parents house and spend Christmas with us; He is Catholic so at 12am he will go with his Mum Stepdad and Siblings to Mass and then goes home to open his presents whilst having food - his Mum works in the NHS so often she has to work during Christmas Day. The rest of his family all live abroad so he is only really at home at Christmas with his three siblings and step-dad.
However after asking him the said question, he said no, and that he likes to spend it with his family etc. and that he'd rather be at home.

This of course has upset me deeply as there are people that I know (and this is no exaggeration) that haven't even been a couple for a year and the girl has flown out to Seattle where her boyfriend actually lives to spend a whole 2/3 weeks with him for Christmas... see why I feel upset about it?

I feel like he won't sacrifice just one Christmas, not even the whole day just half of it to come and spend it with me when so many people around me who haven't been together for anywhere near as long as me and my boyfriend and are spending their first Christmas' together. Am I being rational or unreasonable?

He is reluctant to even spend New Years with me - he wants to spend it with his family. This year he is working but I've never had a New Years Kiss with him either - should I be bothered by either of these things? Other than this we are incredibly happy together I just wish this situation could be a bit different.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment