Pages

Search blog and web

Anxious about eating with my boyfriend's parents

  • Thread Starter

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 2+ years, so I regularly go over his house to eat. However, after finishing my AS exams in the summer, the stress set off a massive IBS attack which lasted a month, the worse symptom of which was the terrible constant nausea. This often meant that I was unable to eat the food put in front of me. This happened several times at my bf's house, and I felt terrible for refusing his parents food and making them worry.


I'm all better now, but I still get incredibly anxious about eating in front of his parents, to the point where every mouthful is a cardboard nightmare. My instant reaction is to turn to alcohol, but this is really bad and I need tips for dealing with this anxiety, both short and long term strategies. Thanks!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment