Pages

Search blog and web

Friendless and kind of depressed.

  • Thread Starter

Turned 19 recently, was forced to defer a year due to unforeseen circumstances, i'll be going university next year.

I currently have about 3 or 4 "friends" who I go out with on the odd ocassion but now I come to think of it, none of them actually like the things I do and whenever I make plans with them they always come up with some ****ty excuse.

I do most things on my own now, pretty much always alone and when im not studying or holding down a part time job i'm out by myself. I can't stand being locked up all day so I go out for walks, go cinema by myself quite often, even go on nights out by myself sometimes too (crazy as it might seem to some).

Recently I went to a club by myself, made a group of friends who I spent the night with, even met a really cool girl who I could have pursued things with . Most people who I encountered thought it was really wierd I came alone though and I can see why, but what am I supposed to do ?

I spend so much time inside now it's kind of driving me mental, I know people are going to say just focus on studying but when your cooped up inside for days it's hard to focus on anything.

I don't know where I can go to meet people or make friends which isn't going to consume too much time. I have friends at work who I go out with every now and then but i'm not really close with any of them. I feel when you reach a certain age too, it becomes harder then ever to make friends and I guess it doesn't help that I look about 22 when im 19.

I told my friends a week ago about a club night tommorow which is meant to be pretty crazy and they said they'd get back to me, they still haven't.

Any advice on how I can help myself out of this situation or just cope with it ?

Merry christmas TSR

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment