Pages

Search blog and web

Help needed with a very confusing guy

  • Thread Starter

Basically: I met this guy at university and he is in the year above me,
(we study the same course). At first, our friendship was quite intense
as we exchanged some deep thoughts/experiences and really opened up to
one another within a few days of knowing each other. I'd see him around
1-2 times a week on campus and we'd always converse for up to an hour.
I started developing feelings for him and then one day he told me that
he really values my company and how he's drifted away from the majority
of his friends so I am the only 'human' contact he gets on a regular
basis and that he wants to spend more time talking to me. I saw this as
an opportunity to take things further so I said to him that "I want us
to be more than hi and bye friends" and he said "okay, do you want my
number?" so we exchanged numbers and I proceeded to text him that
evening. His first response was cold and when I responded I tried to
lighten the mood by asking how his day was... he never responded. A few
days passed and I saw him on campus and we both looked at each-other, I
smiled and he walked straight past me. After a couple of days pondering
about what I could have done wrong I then texted him and said what's
going on? Have I done something to upset you? I saw you the other day
and you completely blanked me. To which he responded I'm sorry, I don't
notice people unless I'm expecting to see them...(wtf?!?). We then had a
decent conversation over text and I thought things were fine. When I
saw him on campus the next day we hung out for a couple of hours and we
were having a deep conversation.. he started talking about his
ex-girlfriend of 3 years whom he'd split up with in August... he told me
he hated her (but loved her at the same time) and that he knows the
relationship was so wrong. I couldn't help but feel a bit used. There
had been various occasions when he'd flirted with me and now that I'm
trying to take things further he blows hot and cold. Anyway, I stopped
texting him because he went back to being cold. What I can't get over is
how nice he is to me when we are interact in person. He always
compliments me, takes time out his busy schedule to help me with a topic
that I don't understand etc... I really like him and it hurts me to
care so much when he is probably just using me because he has nobody
else. He never initiates texting or makes attempts to take things
further and I don't know what to do.:(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment