Pages

Search blog and web

How to deal with the pain of Pakistani boyfriend marrying another girl?

  • Thread Starter

Hi,

My boyfriend is a 25 year old Pakistani from a Muslim family and I am a 21 year old girl also from a Muslim family (but non-Pakistani). We have an amazing relationship, I love him to pieces and quite literally couldn't imagine life without him.

From near the start of our relationship however, he came clean to me about how he wanted me to know that his family would never accept him marrying a non-Pakistani girl, so that I was aware what I was getting myself into. He said he had never told a girl this before and was only telling me because he cared so much about me and didn't want me to get hurt later on, therefore giving me the option to get out sooner rather than later. He is a grown man with a successful business of his own and is in no way afraid of his parents, he is simply very respectful of his parents' wishes who have done so much for him, and I do actually respect him for this.

Now of course this crushed me because I was already starting to fall hard and fast for him by this point, but stupidly I couldn't just walk away so we agreed that this would just be an incredible chapter in our lives and we would just live in the moment. Over time however, he has become my best friend and best thing that has ever happened to me. Recently it has been breaking my heart to think that one day (soon) we will wake up and he will have to leave me because he is expected to marry someone else.

Although I have to come to terms with the fact that life is cruel and this is just the way things will be, does anyone have any advice on how to cope with the pain of not being with the person you love the most?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment