Pages

Search blog and web

Christmas and he is jumpy and hyperigilant

Christmas and hubby is running around stressing everybody being jumpy and hypervigilant, fidgeting with his cell phone...
Barked at me for closing the window because he believes it is hot (which it is definetly not) and we argued about that silly window, both of us got really angry and hubby got loud (he rarely ever raises his voice in an argument but this time he did)
That happens if you expect Christmas to be perfect...

I remember what it was like in my family of origin. My parents had a great relationship all year round but when it was Christmas they always quarreled... and I mean always.

I wonder if some people get more jumpy with time or if i just did not notice before. When we first met I thought he was pretty relaxed and now I think "why is he so nervous making everybody else jumpy too. You cannot watch him without starting to itch". I cannot remember him being like this before our first son was born.

Not a nice thing to say on Christmas but now that I said it I feel better.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment