Pages

Search blog and web

Is this some sort of bullying/power struggle?

My husband and I have been married for eight years. He was an active duty green beret for seven of those years. He is now in the reserves, as I have finished my degree and he is now finishing his. I am responsible for the bills, and he maintains a part-time job to pay for his expenses only (eating out everyday, guns, and other things he would like to buy that our budget might not allow for). He contributes the rent each month, which is a huge help - his schooling pays for it. When there is a winter or summer break, though, the responsibility falls solely on me, and I have realized that I don't make enough to cover all of this bills on just my income. I asked if he could help out during the summer; he said no - it is my responsibility and that I am basically on my own. I suggested trimming down some of the bills - such as cable - but was met with replies such as, "No, I need all of my channels." I understand why he would want to hang on to all of h is income from his part-time job, but I also feel that he enjoys watching me struggle financially on my own. Help?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment